Saturday, February 24, 2007

HOTBOLLYWOOD BOY


Never underestimate the one who prefers to keep silence. Salman Khan, the man who never uttered a word during the months of unending controversies, is still reluctant to speak out his heart. The simple reason, he gives, is that clarifying one issue would only lead to some fresh controversy. Tere Naam is on the verge of release and that's probably the only release why he is little bit forthcoming to say something. And while he speaks, slowly, in soft voice and sober manner, you are bound to pay absolute attention to every word he says. And as the conversation moves on, Salman not only divulge details about the reel-life records, but he also let's you know facts about mostly all those issues that were used to tarnish his image.
Here is Salman unplugged for you...

Tell us about Tere Naam...
Tere Naam has a very beautiful concept. Still its narrative is about
losing everything. Though I never seen its original version before
signing the film, I heard the story in nutshell and liked it very
much. The film has action but they are strongly linked with emotions.
The whole film is good. Lots of people (in love) get involved in a
situation like this. But it's a film and one should not take it other
way.

What's your character in the film?
I am playing Radhey in the film. He is an ex-student of a college who
always stands by for justice. He falls in love with somebody who
hates him. It's not a negative character and the villain in the film
is coincidences.

Some people have started saying that it's a true story of you. Maybe
because the catch line, 'unfortunately a true love story' is used.
It's all bullshit. Tere Naam is earlier made in three different
languages. It's not close to my life. Those whose English is poor and
don't interpret it well have extracting whatever meaning they want
from the film's catch line. Tere Naam is a tragic film which revolves
around true love. That's it.

You have donned different getups for this film.
Yeah...because the character I play is a local hero of a small town.
Portraying it well needed a different look. And then, Radhey passes
through various situations and a drastic change was required for the
narrative. That's why I have different getups.

Past few months had been troublesome for you. Why you never bothered
to clarify your side?
What should have I said? I am asked (by my producers) to talk and
that's why I am speaking to you. Otherwise, I don't like to speak out
like this. And I felt silence is the best thing.

What is your take on the Vivek Oberoi issue...he called a press
conference and said a lot about you...
(Laughs)...(waits)...I could not stop my life that time. And you know
that he is a good boxer...(smiles)...that's why I kept mum.

You went to London the same night of the press conference.
Yeah...(smiles)...actually, I ran away from India. But I want to tell
you to ask him to produce mobile bills, if he is right in claiming
that I had called up several times to him. And then, I will produce
my mobile bill, which I certainly have with me.

Will you do a film with him, after whatever has happened?
The problem is with him and not mine. He is a little kid. I wonder
how he must be bearing himself all the time...but I don't mind
working with him.

And what you would say about Aishwarya Rai episode?
(Pauses)...man, no one will sit and write poems when she feels
angry...I think she must be hurt...something must have hurt her and
so...

The media took a tough stance against you when the accident happened
and during every problem which came in your life.
There are few people whose ego is hurt when I decline to speak to
them. But then I don't like to clarify. What's the use of issuing
clarifications every now and then? I will speak once and the same
words will do damage in some fresh manner. Leave it, friend. Some
people say that Salman beats up anyone and everyone but you tell me,
how many times I have done it? Except for Subhash Ghai, I have not
beaten up anyone. And in that case, I had to beat him because things
went up to that level and I could not control myself.

But all those happenings have tarnished your image.
I don't understand how people can make judgment on others without
knowing facts. They judge a person the way they want just because
they don't have access to him. You must be bad sometime, but not as
bad as the media portrays you. That's very bad...very bad.

What would you like say about the accident?
That was tragic but few things are bound to happen in life. And this
happens with so many others but I being a star, things were stretch
too far. One has to pay price when such accident happen and you have
to pass through (legal) formalities. Mumbai only records 5-6
accidents like this every day. My driver kept saying that, "It was me
who was driving the vehicle and not my Baba (Salman)" but no one
listened to him. And when some say that I should be treated like a
layman by the law, I say that a layman has no access to the media. I
also kept away from giving any clarifications. Yet, when I was freed
after paying Rs. 900 bail, they started crying again. Why?

Are you emotional?
I am not emotional...I am fool. Emotional reactions are not backed by
logic. What I have learnt is that you should not react to every
issue.

Recently you said that you want to change yourself and then the
country.
(Smiles)...Sometime such comedies happen inadvertently. And there is
nothing I need to change in myself. I don't know whether I would be
able to change the country but yes, I want to do something good for
Bandra, the suburb where I live. I think you must do something for
your family, your friends and for at least one neighbor. That's more
than enough. And for my locality, I wish to do some things that can
ease the life of people and give me true satisfaction.

What good you have done for the family whose member died in that
accident?
I have deposited a big money to the court for the family. That sum is
very big and can make life of that family better. And once the case
is over, I will do my best for the deceased's son, be it education or
giving him a job in my home production.

What's happening in the home production front?
We have two movies on the cards. One is Lucky in which I will be
playing the lead and the other will have Sohail. Mithunda
(Chakraborty) is playing an important role in Lucky. Moreover, we
have plans to make Ramayan also. And we may start a movie staring
three of us (Salman, Sohail and Arbaaz) together but nothing is
decided as yet.

Which other films you have after Tere Naam?
Dil Churake Chal Diye and Bagbaan will hit theatres after this film.
I am doing a guest appearance in Bagbaan. Merigold is slated to go on
the floors in November, which maybe postponed to January next year
also. I am shooting for Sanghaar now and Bajirao Mastani will be
started in March next year.

What about Pritish Nandy Communication's Sahib Biwi Aur Ghulam?
I am committed to do a film with PNC but I am yet to know whether it
is Sahib Biwi Aur Ghulam or some other film.

And finally, can we say that your career will get a new start with
Tere Naam?
No, because I was there, I am here and I will be very much there in
future. To those who think otherwise, I want to say that they never
made me or they can't even break me. The moment I will feel I am
through, I will give up myself.



;

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home