Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The world famous Madame Tussaud's waxwork museum has unveiled its latest Bollywood superstar - Shah Rukh Khan.


Khan attended the unveiling in London on Tuesday, saying his only regret was that his mother was not alive to see her dream come true.

Khan appeared pleased with the likeness - "What I like most are my eyes," he told the BBC.

Two other Bollywood stars, Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai, already have wax statues in the museum.

Relieved

"As a kid I never thought my mother's dream would come true," Khan said. "I wish she was here today to see this mannequin."

The award-winning star was accompanied by his wife, Gauri, as he entered the main hall to the thunderous rhythm of dhol drum players.

Khan appeared relieved as the statue was unveiled.

So how does he feel about his wax-double?

''I always believed I was short but my statue looks alright. But what I liked the most are my eyes.''


The principle sculptor, Stephen Mansfield, said Khan's waxwork was a real challenge.

"Shah Rukh was so particular about the hair-style of his wax-double that he kept us on our toes til the last moment.

"But personally, I feel the hardest challenge was to capture his charm, his on-screen persona."

Mansfield has also created the waxworks of Princes William and Harry, David Beckham, Tim Henman, Britney Spears and Paris Hilton to name a few.

Precise measurements

To get Khan's body language right, Mansfield watched some of his movies, including the widely-acclaimed Devdas and Don.

It took four months to finish the statue. Nearly 500 precise body measurements of the star were taken and countless layers of paint and tints were applied to build up the skin tone.

Like other works in the museum, Khan's wax double was given real hair.

Does his wife like the figure as well?

"I think she likes it more. It looks younger," he was quick to snap.

Whose wax-work would he like to see next at Madame Tussaud's? "My son Aryan's," he quipped.

Shah Rukh Khan has starred in 50 films as actor, singer and producer since he began his career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home