Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Ritesh Deshmukh to play Aladdin

The actor is somewhat shy talking about this project.




"I don't know what plans Sujoy and (producer) Rohan Sippy have about my looks. It could be totally Arabian or it might be somewhat contemporary. But it's an exciting prospect any which way," said Ritesh.

"It has always been a childhood fantasy to have my own genie to make my wishes come true. And what better wish fulfillment than Amitabh as a genie?" said Ritesh.

What truly delighted Ritesh was the director's determination to sign the actor?

"Sujoy told me I was his first and only choice to play Aladdin. That made me happy. It's not often than one gets a chance to be in a huge fantasy like this, and that too with Amitabh as your co-star," said Ritesh.

Earlier, Ritesh shared screen space with the legendary actor for a segment of Ram Gopal Varma 's Darna Zaroori Hai .

"But that was just a two-day shoot. And Amitabh scared the hell out of me playing that eerie character. I think Aladdin is the ultimate fun fantasy and the ideal vehicle to share with India's biggest superstar," said Ritesh.

So excited is Ritesh about his preparation for Aladdin that he has decided to dodge all new offers for now.

"I do have my friend Sajid Khan's Hey Baby. But that's it. I want to focus completely on Aladdin. It's exciting to be in a children's fantasy. Until lately Bollywood had completely ceased making films for younger audiences. Now we seem to have revived that old young feeling," said Ritesh.

Related
Ritesh Deshmukh
Amitabh Bachchan
Ram Gopal Varma
Darna Zaroori Hai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home